How to link mobile number with Aadhaar?
While undertaking crucial financial tasks in our daily life, we require an Aadhaar linked to a mobile number for ease in facilitation. Aadhaar is a 12 digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. Moreover, linking your mobile number with Aadhaar has become crucial in many day-to-day administrative or financial requirements. Let us take a quick look at the various methods to link your Aadhaar with your mobile number.
Linking it for the first time
When you get a new SIM you can visit the respective operator's (Airtel, Vi, Jio, etc.) store to get a number linked with Aadhaar. Follow these steps:
- Go to the mobile operator's store.
- Request a new SIM.
- For ID and address proof, submit a copy of your Aadhaar.
- To verify Aadhaar, scan your fingerprint on the biometric scanner.
- Once Aadhaar is verified your new SIM is issued and will be activated in about an hour.
Updating already linked mobile number
The process involves visiting an Aadhaar centre, unlike the time when we get a brand new Aadhaar linked SIM for the first time. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Aadhaar enrolment centre.
- Ask for the Aadhaar collection form and fill it.
- Fill in your existing number that needs to be linked to Aadhaar.
- You will receive an acknowledgment slip from the executive, which contains an Update Request Number (URN).
- Use the URN to check the status of the number updated.
Verify Aadhaar mobile number
Once you link your mobile number you can verify it on the official UIDAI website. Follow these steps:
- Log in to the official UIDAI website
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar, linked mobile, and/or email.
- You will receive an OTP on your linked number.
- Click on 'Verify OTP'.
- When it verifies successfully, a green tick will be displayed.
These are the ways in which you can successfully link your mobile number to Aadhaar. Doing so will significantly improve the ease to make multiple financial decisions with a few clicks.
Join INDmoney today, to plan a better financial life.