Whiteoak Flexi Cap Fund NFO 2022: All you need to know
WhiteOak Capital Flexi Cap Fund
We have a new entrant in the mutual fund space in India - WhiteOak Capital Mutual fund. The company is launching its first fund called WhiteOak Capital Flexi Cap Fund. Let us check all the details related to it in this article.
About WhiteOak Capital?
As mentioned above, they are a new entrant in the mutual fund space. Hence, the first thing is to know the company before we move to the fund.
- WhiteOak Capital Group provides investment management and advisory services. Currently, it manages equity assets of over Rs 40,000 crore.
- They have entered the mutual fund space by acquiring Yes Mutual Fund. The acquisition was completed last year, and post the completion of legal work, YES Asset Management was changed to WhiteOak Capital Asset Management in November 2021.
- In January 2022, Yes Mutual Fund was changed to WhiteOak Capital Mutual Fund.
- The group is founded by Prashant Khemka, former CIO of Goldman Sachs Asset Management's India Equity.
- White Oak offers investment services through a wide array of funds with a focus on India, Ireland, Mauritius, and the UK to individual and institutional investors in India and worldwide.
WhiteOak Capital Flexi Cap Fund - Details
- WhiteOak Capital Flexi Cap Fund is an open-ended equity investment option that will have an allocation to large, mid, and small-cap stocks.
- The key objective of the scheme is to generate long-term wealth for investors by investing across the market capitalization spectrum.
- The fund aims to build an active, well-diversified portfolio, representing a cross-section of companies across economic sectors, major industries, and market cap segments.
- The New Fund Offering (NFO) opens today, July 12, and will close on July 26.
- The minimum investment that you can make in the fund is Rs 500.
- There is an EXIT LOAD of 1% if you redeem your units within the first month. There is no exit load if redeemed later.
- Ramesh Mantri is the fund manager. He has 17 years of experience in investing and financial analysis across sectors.
- You can invest in WhiteOak Capital Flexi Cap Fund directly through INDmoney app at zero brokerage or commission without any hassle.
How does NFO work?
You can invest in the inits of the NFO during the limited period at an offered price, which is Rs 10 per unit. Once the fund closes for subscription, the fund managers invest the collected corpus in stocks based on the investment objectives of the scheme.
After the NFO period is over and the scheme lists, you can buy additional units of the mutual fund schemes.
Things to consider before investing in NFOs?
- Check the investment objective of the mutual fund scheme and ensure it is in line with your investment objective and risk profile.
- You must check the previous track record of the fund house and the fund manager's past performance before investing in the NFO. In WhiteOak's case, you will not find such details as it is their first offering.
- Check the cost associated with the scheme, check the expense ratio. A new fund manages a small corpus. Hence, it may have a higher expense ratio.
What is NFO?
A New Fund Offer is the first-time subscription offer for a new scheme launched by asset management companies (AMCs).
Is it good to invest in NFO?
Check the parameters on which you will check any other mutual fund and if the NFO stands out, you may consider investing in NFO