Switch your SIPs to Zero commission Direct Funds!
Last updated: 06 Apr, 2021 | 11:20 am
SIPs (Systematic Investment Plans) are a great way to accumulate wealth over a period of time. However, many investors are not aware of how regular plans eat into their returns. SIP in a regular fund means you are constantly paying extra commissions without any additional benefit!
Why switch to direct plans?
- Regular mutual funds have a higher expense ratio (annual maintenance fee charged by the asset management company) than their direct counterparts while everything else like the portfolio, manager etc remains the same.
- This is because a regular plan is bought through an intermediary who charges some commission for selling the mutual funds. This in turn is added to the expense ratio, hence reducing your returns.
- Let us take an example of an individual, running a monthly SIP of ₹10,000 in the regular plan of Axis Bluechip Fund versus the same individual running this SIP in the commission-free direct plan of the same mutual fund. This is how the investments would have fared in the last 8 years.
- By investing in the direct plan, the individual would have earned an additional ₹1.6 Lakh vs the regular plan. This difference is equal to 16 monthly SIP instalments!
How to Switch your SIPs to direct plans, in just three clicks?
SIP switching can have complications because of taxation, exit loads and various eligibility criteria. Please note the steps below :
- INDmoney App auto-detects your SIPs that are eligible to be switched to Direct Plans.
- Presenting: SIP Smart Calendar. You get to see the SIP instalments that you can switch to Zero commission Direct Plan as well those instalments that you need to keep on HOLD because of Exit loads and taxation.
- Eligible SIP instalments are switched to Zero commission Direct plans with just three click action.
- Once the SIP instalments that are on HOLD are out of the period of exit load and taxation on Short term gains, you will be automatically notified by INDmoney for moving these to Zero commission Direct Plans with just three clicks.
- Continue your future SIP instalments in Zero commission Direct plans in the same Mutual Fund. It takes less than two minutes to set up.
- Commissions saved, straight goes into your gains that get compounded over the years!
Watch this video on how to switch to Zero commission Direct plans for free.