Colgate-Palmolive Q2 results update!
Last updated: 22 Oct, 2020 | 03:13 pm
- Colgate Palmolive India Ltd., India’s leading provider of oral care products declared their results for the quarter ended September 2020. They saw a positive growth in all categories during the quarter with the toothpaste segment continuing its acceleration and penetration among households. The quarter saw some exciting innovation for the brand along with a relaunch of their flagship products.
- Sales: Colgate-Palmolive reported net sales of ₹ 1,277.6 crore for the quarter ended September 2020, an increase of 5.3% year-on-year. The management sees momentum strengthening across the portfolio, with domestic sales growing at 7.1% year-on-year.
- Operating Margin and Profit: Operating margin grew to 31.8% from 26.4% while operating profit grew 26.8% to ₹409.3 crore.
- Profit: Net profit stood at ₹274.2 crore, an increase of 12.3% year-on-year. Analysts had earlier estimated a net profit of about ₹240 crore.
- Interim Dividend: Colgate-Palmolive declared an interim dividend of ₹ 18 per equity share held, with record date being November 2, 2020. Total payout will amount to ₹ 489.57 crore.
- Shares of Colgate-Palmolive ended Thursdays trade at ₹1,431.95. With more than 98% of the sales from oral care products, little uncertainty is expected with regards to growth.